Saturday, October 24, 2009

Steve Ballmer on Windows 7

Tell me you are not seeing the MacBook Pro at the big LCD screen. While it is true that you can actually operate Windows on a Mac provided that you installed VMware, I really think that one of the many other OEM brands is more appropriate to be shown in that big screen.Take a look at Steve's face when he is holding the Dell Adamo XPS notebook. I guess he must be thinking "Why is this guy shoving a MacBook Air to me? I feel like snapping this notebook into halves. It reminds me ths fragility of the Air!" Look at his face again :) Priceless! :P

Pictures are attributed to NBC.

4 comments:

  1. Did you become an apple fan already? ;)

    btw, I'm running 7 on iMac and it's a breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impartial and will only choose OSes that don't stall me. I just don't like marketing people doing marketing stuffs nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In addition to that, I don't really agree on the term "snappy". I have this equation for myself:
    "snappier" <--> (more RAM --> higher cost).

    Things are not "snappy" by themselves and also I don't think OSes are "fun". They are just the enabler and the glue of all the components that defines a computer. Don't you think so?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are missing the fact that os'es determine a great deal about the constraints and performance of an app. I assure you running the same java program on the same hardware on redhat, sun, windows, ubuntu, osx will give you radically different results!

    Knowing the inner workings of all that glue is not only fun, it is what separates amateurs from pros! If you are going to build commercial systems, you've got to know at least 3 os'es intimately. Read the linux or bsd kernels sources...it is very enlightening!

    ReplyDelete